Saturday 7 April 2007

Irritating mannerisms

My blogmaster has made what I admit is a valid point. He says I use too many 'of courses', and 'howevers' and 'appparentlys'. He's quite right, I admit it (see how adroitly I side-stepped that one!). I shall try very hard to do without them, and it won't be easy, for they operate as a kind of comfort blanket (like chewing a pencil end, or lighting a cigarette), in times of particular narrative stress. To those who might already have offended by them I apologise - they shall henceforth be eradicated, one by one, at source.

1 comment:

dulwichmum said...

Dear i beatrice,

I would love to have your style and Rillys/Drunk mummy's sense of humour. Then I would feel I was able to hold my head high.

I genuinely feel quite dumb struck when I read something so well put together as your other blog. It makes me feel as though I am exposing myself to ridicule by posting on my blog.

I am posting this comment to you here, as I would like no-one else to read it, I have complimented Drunk Mummy and Rilly and yourself as I genuinely aspire to be more like you three. You are pure inspiration to me.